Saturday 28 May 2011

Nomination by Kinnird Primary School as an Enterprise Champion...


I was delighted to receive a letter the other day from Falkirk Council advising me that I had been nominated by Kinnaird Primary School as an Enterprise Champion.

The nomination recognises that I have, through support, demonstrated an attitude that is enthusiastic and motivating and that I have inspired and encouraged young people to develop an enterprising attitude. I have to attend an informal presentation to collect my certificate of recognition on 7th June.

I have been nominated for this award by the Primary 7 class teacher and seconded by 2 pupils following my visit to the school to talk to the pupils about financial planning during their school finance week.

The pupils wrote:

- “Mr Hale was inspirational when he came during Finance Week, to talk to P7 about tax and money. He showed us a fantastic video and we now feel inspired to save money!”

- “He taught us the importance of saving money, so when you’re older you can have a better life and achieve your future dreams “.

- “Mr Hale invented a client and made graphs of their accounts to help us understand savings and pension. He made it interesting and easy to understand”.

I must say that this nomination came to me as a total surprise and I am actually overwhelmed by it. I very much enjoyed preparing for the presentation that I did for the primary 7 class and enjoyed even more presenting it and the interaction with the children about financial planning.

I would like to thank very much Kinnaird Primary School for inviting me to talk to the class and to the teacher and pupils who nominated me for this award. I am very delighted to have been nominated and I look forward to receiving my certificate of recognition on the 7th June.

Garry Hale
Director
HK Wealth Managers Ltd

No comments:

Post a Comment